DIY Truffle Advent Calendar
To get you into the holiday spirit, why not make a homemade chocolate advent calendar to give your loved one a daily surprise and make the countdown to Christmas extra special? At Lir, we are always thinking of ways to be innovative: all the following items can be purchased in your local craft store and on the Lir website. Doesn’t sound too complicated, does it?
- 24 paper mache boxes
- Festive holiday paper
- Normal glue
- Super glue
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Lir Almond & Hazelnut Truffles: A Milk Chocolate truffle covered in crunchy roasted Hazelnuts with a delicious praline centre. The perfect chocolate for nut lovers!
- Lir Salted Caramel Truffles: Smooth soft caramel with a pinch of Irish Atlantic Sea salt in rich milk chocolate.
- Lir Marc de Champagne Truffles: Milk Chocolate Marc de Champagne flavoured truffles dusted with freeze dried strawberries.
- Lir Milk Chocolate Truffles: Soft and refined milk chocolate truffles infused with Madagascan vanilla.
- Lir Dark Chocolate Truffles: Rich dark chocolate torte infused with Madagascan vanilla.
- Baileys Salted Caramel Mini Delights: A crisp milk chocolate shell with a salted caramel filling and a hint of the iconic Baileys flavour.
- Guinness Mini Caramels: A creamy milk chocolate shell filled with smooth caramel flavoured with Guinness beer.
- Measure the top of the boxes and cut a piece of festive holiday paper to fit each box using scissors or a paper cuter
- Glue the festive paper to the top of each box using normal glue
- Write numbers 1-24 on the boxes
- Glue the boxes together in lines of 4x6 using super glue
- Place a Lir Chocolate Truffle in each of the boxes
- Gift the advent calendar to your loved one for them to enjoy!
Leave a comment