With the weather starting to cool and the days getting shorter, there’s nothing more comforting than a delicious, warm, creamy mug of hot chocolate to warm you up and brighten your day. Today, we are sharing our adaptation of a delicious, indulgent hot chocolate recipe from Well Plated. You can customize this recipe to your desired sweetness by using either milk chocolate or dark chocolate and adjusting the amount of powdered sugar you use. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 big mugs or 4 smaller ones
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar if using dark chocolate (skip this if you’re using milk chocolate, as it is already sweet)
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but can intensify the chocolate flavour)
- 8 ounces of your favourite Lir Chocolate bar, chopped
- Whipped cream and marshmallows to top
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the whole milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar (if using), and espresso powder until small bubbles appear around the edges. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove from saucepan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted, returning the sauce to low heat if needed for the chocolate to melt completely.
- Pour into your mugs and top with lots of whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Serve warm.