Interested in a fun family activity, or want to surprise your loved one? Our Easy Lir Chocolate Cupcake Recipe won’t take you too long to make and is guaranteed to put a smile on anyone’s face. Taking inspiration from BBC Good Foods Easy Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe, we have created the perfect light cupcake, perfect for freezing. Featuring the Lir Salted Caramel Truffles and Lir Dark Chocolate Truffles, these chocolate cupcakes are the perfect end-of-summer treat!
This simple yet delicious recipe is one for the books. Chocolate cupcakes are a go-to dessert as they are easy to make and are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Whether you have a family gathering or your monthly book club to attend, bring them along! Whatever occasion you make our Lir Chocolate Cupcakes for, they will make it extra special!
- 3 packets of Lir Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 200g self-rising flour
- 200g light muscovado sugar, and 3 extra tbsp
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 284ml soured cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lir Salted Caramel Truffles for decoration
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases
- Blend the chocolate into small pieces in a food processor
- In the mixing bowl, tip in the flour, sugar, cocoa, and oil, 100ml soured cream, eggs, vanilla and 100ml of water
- Whisk everything together with electric buzzers until smooth then quickly stir in 100g of the chocolate bits.
- Divide the mix between the 12 cases, then bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, put the remaining chocolate bits, soured cream and 3 tbsp of sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat this gently until the chocolate is melted and you have smooth icing.
- Chill in the fridge until firm enough to swirl on top of the muffins.
- Finally, add a Lir Salted Caramel Truffle to each cupcake and dig in!
Lir’s Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe is the perfect desert to share with family and friends. If you enjoyed this recipe and the cupcakes themselves, then why not give us a follow-on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter on our Lir Chocolates website for more Lir Chocolate recipes, gift guides and more.