Autumn is just around the corner, and to help that transition to winter just that little bit cosier, we have come up with the ultimate Lir Chocolate Cookie Recipe. Why not make some sugar cookies, featuring our very own Lir Milk Chocolate Truffles to eat whilst you watch your favourite movie? Sugar cookies are an all-time favourite, and a delicious treat to enjoy with friends, your kids, or your loved one. They are the perfect dessert to appeal to any sweet tooth! We suggest making a batch of cookies, and a delicious Baileys hot chocolate to go with it. What more could you want? Get those blankets ready and snuggle up on the sofa. 😊
- 1 Pouch Lir Milk Chocolate Truffles
- 156g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 125g unsalted butter
- 62g white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using an electric whisk for about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolk, then vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar. Beat until a smooth sugar cookie dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll into a round smooth ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Separate the dough balls and press the centre of each with your thumb to create an indent.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. Let these cool on a wire rack. Once fully cooled, place a Lir Milk Chocolate Truffle in the indent of each cookie, and enjoy!
This Lir Chocolate Cookie Recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. If you enjoyed this recipe and the cookies themselves, then give us a follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter on our Lir Chocolates website for more Lir Chocolate recipes, gift guides and more.